• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 26, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When Odyssey dropped I happened to be in the furthest star system from Sol - Ishum's Reach. Out there in the void was this breathtaking landable planet. An absolute pearl in complete darkness

    Posted: 26 May 2021 06:10 AM PDT

    Hutton orbital anaconda

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    I went to Hutton orbital and now I'm confused about how do I claim the anaconda

    EDIT: After further research, I have come to the realization I have been tricked :(

    submitted by /u/i_invaded_poland
    [link] [comments]

    Frontier. Common, you had 3 years to make 9 engineers for Odyssey and 3 of them are clones? Srlsy?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    Be Careful When Swapping Modules In Odyssey. Always Remember to Switch This Off (It Always Defaults To Sell)

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:20 AM PDT

    Bubble Shield OP

    Posted: 26 May 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    Please vote to help prevent the extinction of anarchy factions.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    Odyssey has been catastrophic for Anarchy factions across the board. Years of BGS effort has already been undone in the space of a week. There's absolutely no defence against the waves of negative influence pouring in from the new mechanics. Frontier have acknowledged the issue, showing that it is unintentional behaviour, so all that we can do is vote on it and hope something is done before it's too late.

    https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/35479

    If you're not actively interested in the BGS the risk of losing access to IF facilities as well as the many other services and opportunities anarchies provide is very real.

    Clearly Odyssey has a lot of technical issues that are drawing focus right now, but those will get fixed sooner or later. 6+ years of diligent BGS manipulation won't. I beseech thee, help your local naughty faction avoid complete annihilation with 30 seconds of your time.

    Thanks

    Edit: Frontier forum thread.

    submitted by /u/FakeNewts
    [link] [comments]

    In an unexpected turn of events Odyssey gave me legitimate reason to fall in love with small ships once and for all

    Posted: 26 May 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    The expansion doesn't encourage or gratify the use of small ships per se. Instead there is just something off with doing on-foot missions in an Anaconda. Like: "let me just land my literal star destroyer next to your settlement real quick so I can get out and shoot you with my little rifle". I mean the weapons on that ship are as big as a bus.

    And since most of the new gameplay happens on planets or in the concourse, being able to comfortably navigate (in a cobra for instance) and having the ability to land on outposts further encourages the use of small ships. Besides not having to run half a mile from your ship to the elevator is nice to say the least.

    Flying in my cobra or dbx feels nice and for the first time in a long while the smallest ships don't feel like a handicap to me anymore. I flew them before don't get me wrong, but now their use is legitimate from the games perspective if you know what I mean

    submitted by /u/Ganeshasnack
    [link] [comments]

    Waiting at the bar for wingmate to arrive. Have to exclaim how much more immersion I feel being able to get out and walk around. Can't wait for more optimization.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    If mission parameters change, I should be allowed to abandon the mission without a penalty

    Posted: 26 May 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    I signed up to do [this] job, and you agreed to pay me {this} much for doing it. Two minutes after I accept the job, you ring me up and say "by the way, you now have to deal with <this> as well".

    Yeah nah get fucked. I don't care if you're offering extra, but I signed up to restore power and put out some fires. I do not want to deal with a dozen pirates using swarm tactics and ten thousand grenades. Yes, I see that it says optional, but I'm not a fucking ninja, there's no way in hell I'm going to spend half an hour trying to avoid detection while I run around this entire settlement. But nooooooo, if I decline, I get a fine or a bounty, which is complete horseshit.

    In horizons, the extra parameters were 'get there within the time limit' or 'pirates comin at ya', the latter being a case where you could just run from them. But saying "if you kill these guys, I'll give you a bonus payout" then putting those guys in my god damn path, you're not really giving me a choice.

    submitted by /u/UnholyDemigod
    [link] [comments]

    Really enjoying Odyssey so far, the new UI is fantastic and there haven't been any bugs on my end whatsoever. 10/10

    Posted: 26 May 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    I landed on a planet that is apparently just warm enough that my Artemis suit somehow doesn’t have to spend power keeping me warm. The temperature is 182-ish Kelvin, so I’m guessing the Artemis suit is well-insulated like a parka.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    EDO Planets Looking 'Realistically Alien'

    Posted: 26 May 2021 06:15 AM PDT

    Sod Jameson's. This is my new home base. Outfitting options are limited, and I'm stuck in dirty Fed space for now, but just look at this damn view.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    Lovin this game

    Posted: 26 May 2021 02:15 PM PDT

    Alone In The Black

    Posted: 26 May 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    May you live forever, Ikaros!

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    On the way to Beagle Point

    Posted: 26 May 2021 03:36 AM PDT

    The game might have its flaws, but the way it generates stuff - absolutely beautiful.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 04:58 AM PDT

    I may not be able to play space legs, but I can sure as heck play in the dirt

    Posted: 25 May 2021 08:02 PM PDT

    The sound design of this game never ceases to amaze me, those tubes sound like low pitched flutes.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    I got squished by my landing gear!

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Elite Dangerous downtime Thursday 27 May - Patch 1 deployment

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    The limit for footfall is 2.7G

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    You can walk on planets with 2.69g but 2.7 is too much gavity.

    Have fun gettin some first footfalls outside of the bubble.

    submitted by /u/Alkibiad3s
    [link] [comments]

    Something I always dreamed of finally came true: getting my name into the Codex

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment