• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 17, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [FDEV Forums / Patch Notes] Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 4

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:07 AM PDT

    A Fun Little Exchange I had with my Squadmate

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    1.2% of the Way to Andromeda. I've Arrived At Sagittarius A*! Here's a Postcard.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    [Infographic] Recognising Elite Dangerous Ships At Lower Resolutions, A Guide

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:57 AM PDT

    They're asking for this.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    Found while looking up DSSA carriers at edastro.com

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    after SIX years!!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    View from Europa. All these worlds are yours.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    Day 3 of pretending I'm part of a Thargoid mothership

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    The scariest sound you will ever hear in your life

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    Finally earned the Cutter! Super pretty to watch

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    I saw a 2GB update this morning, and this is all I have been able to experience today.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    I made it all the way to the top in my SRV and I didn't even find a Korok

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:46 PM PDT

    xd

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    Carpeted bars are a brave and probably soggy interior design decision

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:41 AM PDT

    I usually don't take pictures but I thought this place looked nice.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    On Foot VR in Elite Dangerous Odyssey

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:11 PM PDT

    They updated the Thargoid missions icon

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    Nice ring....rings..

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:01 AM PDT

    I am an Odyssey VR player, and I want my money back.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:36 PM PDT

    I'm an explorer, and I fly in VR. I just wanted the new planets. The thin atmospheres. The new planet tech. The first footfalls. The new flora. And you know, I'm okay with living with flatscreen on foot for a while. I was just looking forward to beautiful space.

    And I was looking forward to it in VR. I know VR is fairly niche. But honestly, if you've ever experienced the game in VR, I don't know that many would want to go back. The feeling of immersion is incredible. You're right there in the cockpit. The stars and planets feel huge. Hyperspace swallows you up.

    But Odyssey is so, so broken for VR. The DSS bug is bad enough. But my framerates in space have dropped so much, I have to dial back the graphics settings, and everything is ugly and jagged, on top of the broken graphics that are too dark or too washed out. The starfield jitters and smears when I turn my ship. God forbid I try to land on a planet, it becomes a slideshow.

    Frontier says they'll fix some bugs, but won't be doing any development for VR for a long time. I figure at least six months, with the console release. The fact that the DSS bug still hasn't been fixed is baffling. Can you imagine how disappointing it is to see this track record, and then to hear that VR is an afterthought for them?

    Frontier sold me a complete expansion, at a full retail price. But they lied.

    I bought the game on Steam, and because my overall play hours for Elite are so high, and because the news that VR is getting ignored came so late, I don't qualify for a refund through Steam.

    I have no desire to play the game. I did not get what I paid for. I didn't get what they promised. I got a disappointing, broken, falsely advertised expansion.

    If Frontier cares at all about their player base, if they want to do the right thing by them, and show that they know they rushed this, and earn back some goodwill that will translate into sales down the line, then they will work with sellers like Steam to process refunds for Odyssey.

    I want my money back.

    submitted by /u/LiminalMask
    [link] [comments]

    You can still refund odyssey on steam

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    If you're not satisfied with the amount of fixes frontier has put in, you can still refund Odyssey even though its been a month since release; just open a customer support ticket (not a refund request) and explain to them that the game is quite broken (respectfully, not steams fault). I got mine refunded, albeit to my steam wallet, might've gotten it back entirely if I had chosen my card in the refund requests I sent in.

    EDIT: while your mileage may vary, if you actually explain the situation and your account is in good standing, I feel like you have a decent chance at getting your money back. https://imgur.com/a/GAIY1xi

    submitted by /u/noname_vr
    [link] [comments]

    This Is Fine.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    Finally made it to Beagle Point, here are some pictures from the journey

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    No more VR development?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    I was so close to upgrading my VR headset, buying a horas and upgrading to Odyssey, assuming there would be a natural progression in game development. It seems VR will remain in its current state and there will be no further developments. Fps in VR flat screen.

    No VR FPS, no VR bug fixes, or support.

    For various reasons Ive taken another break. This might make my break even longer. And possibly start looking at other games in this genre.

    I've seen developers that ignore it's community. This one seems to be going out of its way to just do whatever it wants regardless of what the player base wants.

    This is a huge missed opportunity for the game. As it is one of the top VR space games. But others will take over that title soon.

    I'll wait to see who does after this massive disappointing news.

    submitted by /u/F4810
    [link] [comments]

    @EliteDangerous: "��️ Greetings Commanders. We have deployed an update to help those experiencing connection issues with Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, via Steam. Please restart your Steam client to accommodate the update."

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment