• Breaking News

    Monday, June 7, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gift from my wife related to my work in the E:D

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    Uh, I'm not sure this sounds very democratic

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 02:20 AM PDT

    Maverick Utility Suit upgrade and service manual

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    It's ... It's just a scratch. ... No worries! ��

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 10:06 AM PDT

    100% Water atmosphere. Odyssey.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    planet tech is cool

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    We're double fisting now

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Enough Asps in Front of Things, Here's a Krait in Front of Stuff

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    Beta Hydrae B is kind of beautifully scary

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    Found that dead guy in a random crash site, and I get awarded "first footfall". So unfair to him...

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    Found that dead guy in a random crash site, and I get awarded "first footfall". So unfair to him...

    I think there is some work to do with the random POIs in mostly undiscovered systems.

    https://preview.redd.it/yni5rhj8dv371.png?width=1200&format=png&auto=webp&s=deb7841b8849b495deefc8b85b95ab568955a8ca

    submitted by /u/Maddog_McMild
    [link] [comments]

    My Saud Kruger ORCA blueprints (update) , WORK IN PROGRESS :) Now designing the boarding ramp for the airlocks. Here are two Ideas I am working on.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 03:23 PM PDT

    The Joshua Brain Tree

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    Engineering ships sucks the fun out of this game

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    I get why you should do it, how it should be done, and what to do. But fuck me if it doesn't just kill my mood to play.

    I'm not gunna throw a fit, but this really does reinforce the time sink this game is. At this rate, I'm looking at weeks before I can actually unlock all the engineers cause of how much time it takes and how little I can sit down to play.

    Edit: After more looking at Inara, I realized I was a complete dumbass. I thought I had to go down the page 1 by 1 to unlock each engineer. I didn't realize you unlock the first four and it unlocks so many more. This is my daily reminder that I am, in fact, an idiot

    submitted by /u/BartholamewDiggs
    [link] [comments]

    I would formally like to file a lawsuit against the company that manufactures the supercruse assist module.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    After a long day in the fields with my old deep core mining keelback I went to go sell my full load of void opals, on my way I successfully fought off any pirate that tried to interdict me, when I got to my destination system, And set the supercruse assist. As I approached the station I was interdicted and the assist did not deactivate, instead it throttled me to 0 and I inadvertently submitted and was promptly blown up.

    I would like to Sue on the basis that that particular assist module failed to deactivate upon an interdiction attempt resulting in a lost ship and cargo.

    Edit: On a side note after that incident I decided to retire my keelback and equip an old clipper I had for deep core, so of I had the same thing happen I'd have shields and speed to get away.

    Well apparently if a limpet carrying a ore fragment and gets stuck on an asteroid fragment the Opel might be stuck inside. And I don't know if it's because of this or something else but if you so much as brush against it you'll be destroyed before it even says shields down. Lost 11 mil and 75ish tones with that.

    submitted by /u/Hopper909
    [link] [comments]

    Perhaps a Viper VS Adder Race into and out of the mailslot was a little unfair. Very fun though!

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    My friend sent this to me. This is how his ship “landed”.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    I think i found hottest body in universe

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    I think i found hottest body in universe

    its only nine quintillion two hundred twenty-three quadrillion three hundred seventy-two trillion thirty-six billion eight hundred fifty-four million seven hundred seventy-five thousand eight hundred eight kelvin.

    https://preview.redd.it/5wk1x3wg9u371.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=060423265cdbc3c253be868f770655b78d54ef59

    submitted by /u/ermisares
    [link] [comments]

    Do hatch breakers seem…beefier since Odyssey?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    Imperial Potato Cutter

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    Odyssey kinda forgot there is Fleet Carriers

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 01:50 PM PDT

    Little bit of my feedback and what actually annoys me.

    For me at least the very most important key feature was Fleet Carriers launch in Horizons patch. Sure engineering and landing on planets was all cool, but owning actual "space station" where you could put your fleet in was and still will be the coolest thing ever designed.

    But with Odyssey some strange reason it just got overlooked hard and it makes no sense why.

    • When you are on your Fleet Carrier you can not change suits or edit suit loadouts.

    • When you are fleet carrier you should be able to buy services what in return give you ability to have Pioneer merchant and sell your guns and suits for other players. Or at least ability to restock.

    • And lastly not having ability to use Apex on Fleet Carrier or use Apex services on fleet carrier. Apex is feature where player first time could travel in other system and buy new ship there and later not worry about the transfer fee or time from the old ship. Or just go out and walk around on planet (no ship, no srv and just you), Apex could take you there where you want to go.

    Right now all the Odyssey features are on the stations, outposts and Fleet Carriers are left behind. It annoys me, that important old design features are overlooked. Fleet Carrier has always been that very thing I liked, I loved to jump in system and just do my thing there even more so if system had no stations or outposts. I was able to make "that system" with my friends as home system. People could be on my Fleet Carrier and just live on it. With Odyssey if myself of anyone else wants to change suits or use Apex we must look closest system with Station or Outpost. It is just sad.

    submitted by /u/sev0
    [link] [comments]

    QoL Suggestion of the day (its annoying browsing 75 missions for specific rewards)

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    BYOI THAA VZ-J D6 C 8 A - Canyons for days

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 06:53 PM PDT

    Cannons are my new love

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    Alright, I've been playing for a crazy long time and I've always read/been advised that cannons are trash tier. However, I decided to play with them today to work on a module sniper build that doesn't use rails (I hate rails). Not sure if they've been buffed, but I've been playing around with Large and Huge fixed hardpoint cannons, engineered for long-range (to get the projectile speed up) or short-range (to get the damage up) and slap on High Yield Shell? Holy hull poppers batman these things obliterate small to medium sized ships once you get through the shields - I imagine it'll be similar, if not scaled down, for larger ships but I haven't hit any in the last awesome hour or so I've tried them out. For smaller vessels, the splash damage from the explosive damage type can neuter them before the shields even go down.

    Nothing really to say here other than I wish I had played around with cannons more earlier on. Mix them with incendiary MCs and you've got super low draw killing machine. Currently running a Mamba with all incendiary MCs and one huge cannon and love it. Going to re-kit some of my other ships to play around with it more!

    submitted by /u/TatonkaChief
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] Mandalorian-inspired wallpaper I made for myself using Odyssey screenshots! Really happy with the outcome!

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment