• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 8, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    CM Arf on LaveRadio: "I can relay the message as best I can. If players are saying ship interiors are an absolute must, obviously we'll assess it, but at the moment it's a case of where do we put our resources, and at the moment it's not ship interiors."

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Found a system with an Earth like world and moon almost identical to our own

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    The best station

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    Took a while, but I finally all my lights synced with Elite and it looks pretty cool I think

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 11:46 PM PDT

    wife asked me to do my extended deadline tax deductions today, instead I made this

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    It is mating season for the Anacondas.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    TIL I've been using DSS wrong my entire career as an explorer

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 06:30 AM PDT

    I've been cruising around outside the bubble for the past few weeks just seeing the sights, collecting lots of exploration data.

    I've always enjoyed using the full spectrum scan on systems, something about it is very fun and rewarding. Whenever I found a rare ELW or water world, I'd get excited sure but that meant needing to break my scan and jump rhythm to use DSS.

    I always realized the white line when firing a probe indicated gravitational pull, and that probes are affected by gravity, but I never thought about using it to my advantage. Instead I would fly a tight circle around any body I was trying to scan and fire one probe. Fire a probe, exit, move, fire a probe, exit, move. And so on.

    It wasn't until today, after hundreds of hours in space, that I realized aiming off center of a celestial body shows a horizontal line as well, and that the horizontal line means the probe will hit on the side of the thing... I can sit in mainly one spot and fire all the probes I need to really quickly...

    It takes me almost 70% less time to scan stuff now that I'm not trying to fly around it to do so....

    TLDR: I've been flying my ship around planets to use DSS instead of firing probes and letting gravity work to my advantage.

    submitted by /u/ChrissyKin_93
    [link] [comments]

    Dominator Tactical Suit upgrade material table

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    FDev just confirmed on stream that there are no plans for ship interiors

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    Reached my first 1m tonight! Thanks Cmdrs! 07!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    Mission didn't let me choose my reward. Got a killer bonus though.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    I killed them all. Not just the men, but the women and children too

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    Transcript snippet from SCN#36 regarding Elite's narrative: We are very very shortly about to enter Act II of the Azimuth saga, of which there are six acts. It is a saga. There is an ending. Something will happen. It is for every single player.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSvQUzsX3s&t=2615s

    We are very very shortly about to enter Act II of the Azimuth saga, of which there are six acts. Right? So that's me telling you very clearly how many acts there are in the Azimuth saga. It is a saga. There is an ending. Something will happen. It is for every single player.

    And this morning, to give you some indication of how important narrative is to the team and I, we were having a conversation about what happens post-that because something (:slight chuckle:) definitely happens at the end of the narrative for the Azimuth saga.

    In terms of dates, I don't want to give dates away too much because there's certain elements that are in flux depending on what players do, so I can't necessary give confirmed dates on when every single act is. We're trying to space it every one to two months an act depending on what players do and/or find; so, it's very hard to sorta narrow that bit down because it is a little bit fluid.

    In terms of people who want updates on the overall expanding narrative of Elite: that's almost impossible to give. We have a where-we're-at with the narrative in terms of what we know is going on in the galaxy which is this broad-strokes sort of phases. But the actual what's-happening-when and what the CG's gonna be, that very much depends on what players are doing around other elements within the Elite Dangerous galaxy. So, narrative isn't going to stop; it's very important. In fact, once Odyssey is.. and everybody can be together, I'll be looking at just what else we can do within the game to add in some more narrative elements that's a little bit more unique.

    But I think you'll find that some stuff that's going to be going on in the latter part certainly of the Azimuth saga.. there's stuff there that I don't think players have ever experienced before, so I'm quite looking forward to getting it. But again I don't wanna say too much because I'll ruin it for people.

    Elite Week: Overview and commentary on the current state of the narrative.

    submitted by /u/AbstractPlay
    [link] [comments]

    Recreation area murder

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    How awesome would it be to add a remote drop SRV function? Similar to the Recall Ship while on foot.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 02:05 PM PDT

    So your out hunting for biological scans,on foot, then decide that you would like to use your SRV. Well ya have to board your ship then drop your SRV. Minor annoyance I know, but what if you could just bring up your command wheel and remote drop SRV then go on about your business. Should be an easy QOL addition.

    submitted by /u/Old-Salary-3900
    [link] [comments]

    Suicide NPC

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    Finally - in the club of the rich.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 04:25 AM PDT

    The worst part of engineering in Odyssey

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    Engineering suits and weapons didn't really take with me. I had the impression it was done badly, but couldn't really voice why. Apart from the grind, because I would just suspect it from a game you spend so many hours in.

    In my opinion, the engineering is done badly because: a) the grades don't make sense, b) the description is bad and c) a lot of the materials aren't tradeable.

    Ad a) Why is epoxy glue so highly priced in relationships to other things that should be cheap. In horizons it made sense, the rarer elements were harder to find, here I find myself running around settlement without a hint of if this would be more valuable or less.

    Ad b) The description is what follows from point a. If I cannot use intuition to know what is more valuable, or I lack the knowledge to do so, why don't you give me the estimated value in brackets? In horizons we had grades and even if I didn't know what tellurium was,at least knew to pick it up, because it says it right there with the grade.

    And finally ad c) In horizons we could trade everything into everything. You want to gather carbon and trade it for yttrium, nothing stands in your way. You do you. Here in Odyssey, some materials I cannot buy, I cannot trade I MUST farm them and this is especially annoying if you have to pick up another missions because you miss one item and then you need additionally some luck to pick it up.

    On a final note, I don't want to say that engineering in Horizons is fun or great game design. I just want to say that it was better thought out than whatever this is and I would say that addressing these issues I mentioned above would gravely improve the gameplay. Despite the grind I think this would be doable.

    Because currently I'm at grade 2 and I'm already spent and do not want to play anymore...

    submitted by /u/albowiem
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in this system with no fuel scoop and no jumps to any systems with stations. I have valuable cargo that i don’t want to lose. Can anyone help me?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    The grind is real

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 01:16 PM PDT

    Neutron stars and their Skybox - Horizons vs Odyssey

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    reached voyager 1!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    Taking out the bandits, cutting open the crates and walking back to transferring the loot to the ship, really made the game feel real. The scale of the ship etc. provides a very immersive feeling.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    A rather dangerous star rise at Spoihaae XE-X d2-9

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    I Gotta say, Odyessy looks amazing.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment