• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 7, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous Issue Report - 7th Sep 2021

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    I went AFK and for back to this

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 04:24 AM PDT

    The record for highest gravity on a landable planet has been shattered. 45.31g's is now the record.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    Elite can be scary sometimes.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    I made a P-type anomaly mad.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    Am I one of the cool kids yet?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    Q-Type Anomalies are not to be messed with

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    I have played in Open for 8 months and never met another player

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    ...except when I started core mining a week ago. Went off to sell 50 or so void opals and got interdicted and killed before I even saw who it was.

    Lessons to be learned I guess.

    submitted by /u/baconator955
    [link] [comments]

    The Orion Nebula Tourist Station

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    Saw a couple other Corvette posts, figured might as well show off mine, too~

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    So close to Elite Trade Rank. Jmaeson Memorial here I come

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 10:22 AM PDT

    I made a new friend while mining today

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:47 PM PDT

    They mostly come out at night, mostly

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    Searching for Raxxla

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    First time poster here, so I've been delving into the legend recently and after doing some digging, I've found there are a couple star clusters considered to be the "jewel box" of our galaxy. Its incredibly spread out, one cluster located around ngc 6231 and another at ngc 4754 which aren't permit locked, but an awful amount of stars to search. But what I've found most interesting is if you Google "the jewel of the milky" way you get ngc 3603; which is another huge sector, but located in the hawking gap instead of the outer orion spur, the entire sector is permit locked, about 100 stars or more, but WHY??? I was just wondering if any more experienced cmdrs had been to any of the 6231 or 4754 systems at all? Or if anyone had a better idea on what the jewel of the milky way would be? I know raxxla may not be in the game, but I enjoy a good Easter egg hunt.

    submitted by /u/Personal_Bridge5311
    [link] [comments]

    Finally joined the Billion Credit Club... only took three years.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    It's a good day to die, I'm going in

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 11:12 PM PDT

    Is there undiscovered content in Elite Dangerous?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    What I mean specifically is, do the devs put in content that they don't announce or document with the literal intent of making the Elite Dangerous galaxy seem mysterious and unknowable from a player perspective?

    For instance, I've been reading about and watching videos on Thargoids and it occurs to me, a hyperdiction would've been a real mindfuck if I didn't even know non-human space travelers existed, but now the prospect seems almost mundance.

    How often does it happen that players will just discover something totally novel amongst the millions of stars?

    submitted by /u/Tausendberg
    [link] [comments]

    thought i could visit Sag A* for the first time as i was visiting colonia for the first time, don't regret it

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    Went to Hutton orbital buy it didn't give me an anaconda. I'm low on fuel so please help!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    I recently went to hutton orbital to claim a free anaconda but for some reason it didn't give it to me, im low on fuel so i really need to find out how to get it, please help.

    submitted by /u/Flamedeye10
    [link] [comments]

    Approx 6.5M payout from Exobiology scan of a single planet - not bad

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    Disclaimer: not a min-maxer, don't care about peak credits per hour, but do like to feel like I'm being compensated for taking some time. Mostly a 'solo' player (on Mobius, but I mean I don't really make any attempt to coordinate with others).

    Was out doing a little lightweight exploring, really just faffing around after a new computer build and remapping all my joysticks etc. (its a nice fairly low-risk way to find out I oops-ed a binding conflict or set an axis to 'INVERTED' when I didn't mean to, etc.)

    Came across a planet (moon really) with 8 bio signals. Someone else had first discovery but it had never been DSSed so I decided to do that (and got first footfall).

    The bios were 'clustered' differently, perhaps by altitude and exposed rock , which was kind of "immersive" and interesting, using the filters in supercruise to toggle thru them was able to pick a good overlap for the first drop (possibly could have used the 'all' but not sure if that's by type overlap or just by density and a solo could be the densest if so...).

    The first 3 yielded 3 scans each within strutting distance of my first landing point in maybe an hour running circles around the ship with a spoke or two to recharge the suit (it's a cold one, and for some reason I wanted to not waste energy cells although I have like 50 stocked...). After that I swapped to the ship-survey-hop method to scan out the bacteria 4th. I did have to return to supercruise and pick new landing spots to get the last four, two each from two spots, also using ship surveying at low altitude to help pick them out vs. the more obvious taller structures scanned first, one or more of which still frequented both new locations. Maybe 2 hours all told. (The first 3 took the longest running around for 9 scans....this is a 0.26G or so planet so a bit high gravity for extensive distance hopping and surveying with the suit jets.)

    A couple times had to log in/out to main menu because the scanner jammed up (it would pulse but not scan, or one time somehow my whole in-helmet 'HUD' went down). But overall not too bad timewise. Using the ship to land, scan, re-board, survey, disembark scan is definitely faster than hoofing it, and better for sighting that the SRV.

    Overall about 3.3M for the scans, doubled for first reported, atop whatever I got for selling the exploration data. And I find this sort of thing kind of fun now at least...maybe after I've seen "them all" it will lose its gloss.

    I thought I took a screenshot of the details of the single moon sale at Vista but apparently failed, a bit irritated by that. The bacteria was b.t.w. the single biggest moneymaker at I think 450K (doubled for first reported).

    A couple other things that I found neat was the temp fluctuating massively both nightside and dayside, and even going in and out of shallow grooves in the terrain and into shadow near the terminator. Also, I don't know if its an artifact of the coloration (of the life vs. the terrain), of my gamma settings, of illumination by the MW, or what, but perhaps some of the life has a faint 'luminescence'? One of my stops was on the night side and with no flashlight, well outside the range of my ship's lights, I could see distant clusters to run for better without pulsing with the scanner. Tip for my next time to try that first.

    submitted by /u/rtrski
    [link] [comments]

    Dryau Aowsy JH-V e2-3460 AB 1

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    Flying the anaconda to colonia. Fun trip so far.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    Can the Odyssey HUD be moved from Center Screen to the Corners for Ultrawide displays?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    I've claimed my first "first footfall" achievement o7 That's probably nothing special around explorers community but hell i'm proud of that.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    A Series of Unfortunate Events OR How The Game Made Me Rage

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Had a shitty work day, and my second covid jab so was looking forward to a good session on E:D. I had just got to Deciat and Farseer Inc after a long grind which had seen me at the crashed Aanacoda at Orrere, Dav's Hope, The Bug Killer, the Thargoid site at Delphi and a load of USS and planet landings for materials. I should mention using the SRV gives me motion sickness. Had loads of materials but one for the FSD extended range was missing so I head over to Caeritis and the materials trader. Bounce into the system and there are a couple of USS so I check them out before heading to the station.

    Big mistake, huge.

    One of them is one I have never seen before, combat aftermath so curious I go to check it out first. Get there get a message about a data beacon and the only signal is a dead Eagle hanging in the black. Data scan it. Nothing happens. Scan it again, something about the data being scrambled. Check google and I need to accept the mission. Read the message and accept it. Scan again. Nothing. Scan for the 14th time. Check google: something about black boxes, ok so when I go to other USS like degraded/encoded emissions there is wreckage so clever me goes maybe I should shoot it.

    Bigger mistake. Huger.

    Blow that Eagle up, bounty incurred flashes up for the MURDER OF A DATA BEACON. Shit, shit shit, says ships are incoming so I low-wake out of there. Go to the station, anonymous of course now, hit up the contacts, says turn myself in. Another shit, no doubt be bounced to a systems LYs away but fuck it I want this off my back and be able to trade and finish the FSD upgrade. Click but its red and nothing happens. Several clicks later and I give up. Head off into the black and fine an insterstellar factor. Nothing doing: my 5100CR fine for the MURDER OF A DAtA BEACON is galaxy wide, and my notoriety is too high for me to pay it with them.

    Can't find my notoriety in my status as well, google says I just have to wait while it goes down BUT it only goes down while I am playing so I can't go and play Ghost of Tsushima while I wait. Gee thanks.

    So thanks game, one error has completely screwed me

    TL:DR needed a encoded trader, accepted a combat aftermath mission, shot the dead ship and incurred a galaxy wide fine, now can't do nothing. FML

    submitted by /u/Jiminyfingers
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment