• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 20, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I printed out my ED ships blueprints. Now they feel more real.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    Volcanic world - concept art (Fan Render)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    Anti-Ganking Operations

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 01:41 PM PDT

    More Ships!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 04:31 AM PDT

    I just want to see what happens when Gutamaya makes an exploring ship, or the fed navy makes a miner...

    Or Falcon delacy make something that doesnt do everything well.

    Is that too much to ask!?

    submitted by /u/Synaps4
    [link] [comments]

    Okay I feel safe in my Corvette now.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    Ringed neutron star system

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 01:44 AM PDT

    It could happen to anyone...

    Posted: 19 Oct 2021 05:32 PM PDT

    Robigo Mines: a bit of statistics

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 10:42 AM PDT

    Greetings, commanders =)

    For the last week I was doing Robigo Mines runs, so I'd like to share my fresh experience.

    • My ship: https://s.orbis.zone/gtps. Yes, with Supercruise Assist and Docking Computer, since I am lazy and I like playing in a relaxed mode =)
    • Total runs: 68
    • Total credits earned: 1724m
    • Credits per run (min/avg/max): 19m/25.3m/31m
    • Credits per mission: The best mission I saw was always 5.5m Cr worth. It didn't appear every time, but wasn't rare as well. Sometimes I took 2 or even 3 missions for 5m+ Cr. On the other side, sometimes there were no missions over 4m Cr. I just took whatever was available, hence this spread of numbers per run.
    • Time per run: around 17 minutes. Didn't do much optimization (I'm lazy, yes).
      • Several times it took more time because of evading interdictions or waiting for docking permission at Robigo.
    • Average credits per hour (calculated): 89.3m

    Hope, this might be helpful to someone. And I gotta go and get my Fleet Carrier =) o7

    submitted by /u/Keen_13
    [link] [comments]

    This game has always been so beautiful.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    Finally split my first core open! Took me several more hours than I’d like to admit, but this is one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a game

    Posted: 19 Oct 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    I've defeated my first interceptor!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    Scooping from the angriest star ever

    Posted: 19 Oct 2021 11:17 PM PDT

    Just accidentally sold my engineered anaconda.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    That's all I have to say. I was trying to exchange ships back, and then sell my type-9 I had just bought since I was trapped in system. Even if I sell it now, I would barely have enough to escape my dumbassery I have done for myself.

    I'm not even mad. I'm just depressed.

    Edit: I GOT MY CONDA BACK!!!!! THANK YOU ED SUPPORT!!!

    Edit2: Since ED was so gracious, and community so supportive, I went ahead and maxed out everything I could on my 'Conda. I never knew this boat could be so fast

    submitted by /u/assblaster68
    [link] [comments]

    Another happy landing

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    Even if I stopped playing Elite waiting for Odyssey on consoles, it will stay with me.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 12:36 AM PDT

    First trip of my new fleet carrier is the Horse Head nebula to make some nice pics of it <3

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    Third attempt to post my deck plan for Cmdr Neopaganism's Vette Combat Build. Link in comments

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    I made such a bone-headed mistake.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    I like to play as a cruise ship for rich people in my dolphin, taking them to tourist vistas because often they are actually cool to see. Great way to "see" the game. anyway.. I picked up one mission that had an oddly high reward.. hmmm what could that mean? The destination was NOT Hutton Orbital. I already know about Hutton. been there like three times (for.. reasons). No this mission was a simply request to transport somebody to place called Katzenstein Dock. interesting. never heard of it. For anybody else not familiar, its basically another hutton orbital requiring about an hour of supercruise. But this was not the bone-headed move, no! I got there and cashed in, and turned off the game for weeks. Turned it back on last night, and you may be able to guess where this story is going. Still in Katzenstein, I casually picked up another rich person tourism mission. This one was a round trip. ---- r-o-u-n-d - t-r-i-p. --------- I finished a three-part itinerary of cool destinations with the intention of settling to bed finally at about 2am. My face went white with the realization upon arrival back to the star system. face-palm. I mean.. I cannot abandon this now- its for six million space bucks baby! Anyway I ended up playing thru a significant chunk of super metroid on my nintendo switch while constantly nudging the joystick to orient toward Katzenstein all night. Thank you, space game.

    submitted by /u/cubosh
    [link] [comments]

    Finally!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    Pardon me.. Just Playing through.. Don't mid me

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    Played a while on Playstation. Time to start a new adventure on Xbox. o7

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    Will these planets collide?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    I'm on Horizons. I know they won't actually "collide". Their orbits are uneven and the orbit lines do go within another. I am currently in the middle of mapping systems so please don't go and swipe credit :) I'm hoping someone smarter than me will be able to figure out the math to see if we have another Sword of Damocles.

    https://i.imgur.com/BvP065w.png

    https://i.imgur.com/OhFEhUg.png

    https://i.imgur.com/bQ2SCvk.png

    https://i.imgur.com/5zIUDOX.png

    https://i.imgur.com/krCnSE3.png

    submitted by /u/Thaurane
    [link] [comments]

    To FC or not to FC..

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 06:12 AM PDT

    Howdy Commanders.

    I've been out in the Black for a good while now and alot of what's gone on in the Bubble has happened without my knowing or caring much.. but the latest Fleet Carrier deal has got me thinking it might be worth the couple hundred jumps back to get in on the deal..

    I have about 5.2B in the bank and so the 3.6B to purchase the carrier and the ability to carry all my ships in one place seems like it's worth the trip and the expense.. but I'm still hesitant.. I know there are upkeep costs and fuel costs and I don't want to turn myself into a fulltime tritium miner just so I can keep gas in the tank..

    How big a deal is the upkeep and fuel costs?? Do I really have to schedule jumps with it hours (or days) in advance or can I just go about as I please unless/until/or regardless of anyone being on board? How many of my own ships will it actually carry or is there no real limit?

    I got questions!

    -Visigoth-

    submitted by /u/mhorton001
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment