• Breaking News

    Monday, October 25, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 25 October 2021

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Who else thinks that docking assist and supercruise assist should become one module?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    It kind of makes sense, doesn't it?

    submitted by /u/That_Horse9536
    [link] [comments]

    I really should re-map the landing gear

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 05:04 AM PDT

    It’s okay… everything is fine… everything is… just fine…

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 09:48 PM PDT

    Elite dangerous as a coping mechanism

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    So, I've long suffered from depression and anxiety, my largest being agoraphobia. Now, I'm not at all an attention whore, lol, and I firmly believe many of us these days suffer from some sort of mental illness due to the ways of our society. So in the end, the how doesn't matter, just the recovery.

    I often find myself lost in games; while I tend to gravitate towards rpgs and lore filled worlds, elite dangerous has definitely been a huge help when it comes to socializing and healing.

    I'm a huge science buff, and have spent ages reading and watching anything I can involving scientific principles. I've also long held hope that one day our species will enter a type one or higher society, spreading across the cosmos.

    Considering my own mental health, and the chaos in our world today... without a doubt, my ability to freely traverse the milky way, make life long friends, and engage in beautifully told stories and lore filled with adventure, has definitely been beneficial.

    Now, a lot of people have games that help, and while mass effect falls into a similar category for me, elite dangerous is far and above the best.

    I've spent hours mining rocks, exploring systems, or just looking out the windows of my ship.

    Growing up with such hits as Stargate, Star trek, and Star wars, it definitely feels incredible to fly through the stars... being the first and likely only person to see a system in the far reaches of space.

    I dunno, I'm sorta rambling now.

    I'd love to hear similar tales though, about your struggles, your healing methods, and if you can relate.

    Fly safe, commanders.

    o7

    submitted by /u/CosmoAstronia
    [link] [comments]

    60,000 Light years out

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    In case you ask: yep, I had to exit the session because we were fully stuck

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    That grenade literally put that guy to bed. Sweet dreams

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 10:58 AM PDT

    This ‘Diva’ has no idea she delivers cargo with me between space stations in different star systems and hunt the odd bounty

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 05:03 AM PDT

    I’m sure someone has already done this and probably prettier but this helps me see what from who instead of who does what. Hope it helps. o7

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    Found this while doing some engineering tonight, is this new? (Thargoids?)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 01:13 AM PDT

    Is this normal? This M class star is orbiting around the main star like any planet. I've found many dwarves like here but never seen other "main sequence star" on planet orbit.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    I wish i could land there

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 04:55 AM PDT

    One thing that nobody talks about in this game…

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 06:43 AM PDT

    …is how freaking GOOD the narrative and world building is! Why does nobody talk about that? Every time I log into the game one of the first things I do is open up Galnet or the codex and just read the lore. The factions are so well written and it feels like they are characters themselves. There are just so many cool concepts in the lore like the dredger clans and the hard sci-fi elements and the fact that there is a theme park that is a full scale re-creation of Victorian London. I like how the lore focuses deeply on politics and rising tensions between nations and even evolves based on player choices to the point where it's like a long dungeons and dragons game. The lore itself also conveys a message which is how humans can be so messed up yet are capable of such great things. In short, Elite Dangerous is probably my favorite dystopian future. Kudos to people like Drew Wagar for writing this amazing narrative!

    submitted by /u/RaidriarXD
    [link] [comments]

    my anaconda landed upside down...

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    Ah... That special time in a young pilot's life: First docking with a giant space potato.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    Love this ship!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 02:07 PM PDT

    Taking in the view

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    It took me less than an hour after starting this game to find... My fat throbbing dock. Nice.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 09:56 PM PDT

    Anxiety during play

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    Anyone else experience it? It's an odd sensation, one I've only ever felt while playing subnautica. I'm currently flying near a neutron star, and feel very legitimately anxiety. It's a super strange feeling to experience.

    It's just, the game looks so damn real, it's easy to forget it's a game.

    Definitely got my monies worth outta this.

    submitted by /u/CosmoAstronia
    [link] [comments]

    I suck at PvP and I'm not sure how to get better without burning through savings and seeing the rebuy screen all the time. Any pointers?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    Subject line says it all. I suck at PvP.. I don't seek it out, normally but I sometimes find myself in a situation where it just happens,, This morning, I was on my way to a station to pick up some commodity.. I got interdicted by a role play "pirate",, I didn't even have any cargo.. this was a human player,, "yar har, gimme cargo!" Like I said, I didn't even have any to give.. Got killed in about three blast of his cannon.. he killed my T9 in about 3 seconds flat.. So I get pissed off after looking at the rebuy screen and parting ways with just under 10MMcr.. So I jump back and hop in my corvette, jump back to the system he's hunting in, find him and proceed to supercuise dogfight him until I can get behind him and interdict him.. He submitted and we fought it out for a few seconds when I decide I'm not going to last long enough against his cannons and jump out..

    how the hell is that/those cannon(s) so powerful that it just eats right though 7C Biweaves and shield boosters in a couple of shots, while his python is taking next to no damage from my C4A Beam Laser, C4A MC and 6 other MC's? ? I'm not too quick to say someone is 'cheating' but my corvette is fairly well engineered and I didn't even scratch this MF'er while my shields were down to near zero before I was able to jump out.. I just don't get it.. I get that dude is a probably a good pilot but dang,, can I not scratch this guy before he's got me in position where I have to jump out or lose the ship??

    I dunno.. Maybe just venting here and maybe I'm not as good as I think or my ship isn't as good as I think it is,, and yes, I know I probably shouldn't really be trying to PvP in a 'Vette that's not optimized for the latest meta.. and def shouldn't have gone back to the scene of the crime for round 2.. (I am a bit stubborn in that way) but damnn.. How you supposed to get good when being bad costs you 10's of MMcr at a time..??

    Any pointers??

    -Visigoth-

    submitted by /u/mhorton001
    [link] [comments]

    Hit my first milestone today!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    Xbox Dueling Club/ PvP Academy

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    Are you curious about PvP, but you don't wanna see a rebuy screen every ten seconds? For those of us that don't commonly do PvP, the idea of spending hundreds of millions in rebuy screens, in order to learn, is not very appealing. To solve this, I've been thinking of starting a PvP academy/dueling club.

    The idea is simple: get a bunch of people who are curious about PvP, experienced or not, and organize fights. The kicker is, we are NOT fighting to the death. Instead, we fight until the opponent is either disabled, or they submit. We give each other notes, and everyone gets better.

    If enough people were interested, we could set up divisions. For example, we could have an engineered division for those of us with the goods, and an unengineered division for the youngins who don't have every engineer unlocked. We could have fights between engineered G5 FDLs, or fights between stock eagles, etc.

    We could even set up a bracket and host a tournament. I envision people being able to compete in anything from a fully engineered meta FDL to an unmodified sidewinder.

    The goal is to make a group of people who want to learn and practice PvP without the prerequisite of engineering, the pressure of rebuy screens, or any of the drama and salt that comes with getting ganked.

    All skill levels welcome. Sportsmanship is mandatory. If interested, lmk!

    submitted by /u/GrnMtnTrees
    [link] [comments]

    Nice.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 04:23 PM PDT

    Elite Dangerous Market Connector 5.2.0

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 03:33 AM PDT

    What Is Elite Dangerous Market Connector?

    Elite Dangerous Market Connector ("EDMC") is a third-party application for use with Frontier Developments' game "Elite Dangerous". Its purpose is to facilitate supplying certain game data to, and in some cases retrieving it from, a number of websites and other tools.

    To do this it utilises the Journal Files written by the game when played on a PC. It also makes use of Frontier's Companion API ("Frontier's CAPI"), accessible once you've authorised this application.

    EDMC has a plugin system which many other developers have made use of to extend its functionality.

    Find out more on the EDMC Wiki.

    NB: This application is of no use with a Console game account. We now test against, and package with Python 3.9.7. As a consequence of this we no longer support Windows 7, due to Python 3.9.x itself not supporting Windows 7.

    As has become routine now, various anti-virus software are reporting a false positive on our installer and/or files it contains. I've pre-emptively uploaded the installer to VirusTotal if you want to check what it's saying. Please see our Troubleshooting/AV-false-positives FAQ for further information.

    Release 5.2.0

    • The 'Update' button is disabled if CQC/Arena is detected.

    • Frontier CAPI queries now run in their own thread. There should be no change in functionality for users. This affects both EDMarketConnector (GUI) and EDMC (command-line).

    • File > Status will now use cached CAPI data, rather than causing a fresh query. Currently if data has not yet been cached nothing will happen when trying to use this.

    • Trying to use File > Status when the current commander is unknown, or there is has been no CAPI data retrieval yet, will now result in the 'bad' sound being played and an appropriate status line message.

    • File > Save Raw Data also now uses the cached CAPI data, rather than causing a fresh query. This will write an empty JSON {} if no data is yet available.

    • New docs/Licenses/ directory containing all relevant third-party licenses for the software this application uses.

    • Settings > Output > File Location 'Browse' button will now always be available, even if no output options are active.

    • The 'no git installed' logging when running from source is now at INFO level, not ERROR. This will look less scary.

    • EDMarketConnetor command-line arguments have been re-ordered into logical groups for --help
      output.

    • Support added for several new EDDN schemas relating to specific Journal events. The live EDDN server has been updated to support these.
      Schema support added for:

      • codexentry/1
      • fssdiscoveryscan/1
      • navbeaconscan/1
      • navroute/1
      • scanbarycentre/1

    • If a message to EDDN gets an 'unknown schema' response it will NOT be saved in the replaylog for later retries, instead being discarded.

    Bug Fixes

    • Pressing the 'Update' button when in space (not docked, not on a body surface) will no longer cause a spurious "Docked but unknown station: EDO Settlement?" message.

    • A bug preventing --force-localserver-auth from working has been fixed.

    • horizons and odyssey flags should now always be set properly on all EDDN messages. The horizons flag was missing from some.

    Developers

    • Now built using Python 3.9.7.

    • New journal_entry_cqc() function for plugins to receive journal events specifically and only when the player is in CQC/Arena. This allows for tracking things that happen in CQC/Arena without polluting journal_entry(). See PLUGINS.md for details.

    • Command-line argument --trace-all to force all possible --trace-on to be active.

    • Contributing.md has been updated for how to properly use trace_on().

    • EDMC.(py,exe) now also makes use of --trace-on.

    • EDMarketConnector now has --capi-pretend-down to act as if the CAPI server is down.

    • Killswitches now have support for removing key/values entirely, or forcing the value. See docs/Killswitches.md for details.

    • state['Odyssey'] added, set from LoadGame journal event.

    • You can now test against a different EDDN server using --eddn-url command-line argument. This needs to be the full 'upload' URL, i.e. for the live instance this is https://eddn.edcd.io:4430/upload/.

    • New command-line argument --eddn-tracking-ui to track the EDDN plugin's idea of the current BodyName and BodyID, from both the Journal and Status.json.

    submitted by /u/Suisanahta
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment