• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 10, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Egineering and programming is done, time to head off for far exploration

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 08:16 AM PST

    PSA: If you run out of fuel, stay put!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 12:56 PM PST

    If you jump into a system and discover "whoops my fuel tank is bone dry", the first thing you should do is STAY PUT. Do not attempt to supercruise to another system, star or planet and only supercruise to a station if you know how to read the fuel guage.

    There are a couple reasons for this:

    1. It is not possible to "reach" another solar system in supercruise, the game will not load in the system even if you reach the beacon

    2. It drastically increases your chances of running completely out of fuel and going on emergency oxygen, which makes the Fuel Rats' jobs so so much harder

    3. The further you are from a celestial body, the more difficult it is to pin down your exact position, and this along with (2) complicates any rescue efforts

    This has some basis in reality as well: if you are lost, stop moving and wait for help, don't try to wander around aimlessly.

    submitted by /u/SierraTango501
    [link] [comments]

    Cutter has been acquired.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 10:35 PM PST

    Supercruise assist for exploring; yes or no?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 06:43 AM PST

    I've never installed supercruise assist and tested it out, but having just found two undiscovered waterworlds at 394,400Ls from the primary I'm thinking that maybe I should get one. Fellow explorers; have you put one in and would you recommend them?

    submitted by /u/RossNoodles
    [link] [comments]

    (I'm quite a newbie here) So this just happened to me, I was alt-tabbed and saw this, almost lost my shit I got so scared. Can someone explain what just happened?! Man I love this game for things like this...

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 11:49 AM PST

    Why scoop and THEN jump when you can do both at once?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 11:21 PM PST

    Just lost millions on road to riches - ouch

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Sigh. Just got killed because I turned on my silent running by accident and couldn't figure out how to turn it off in time. Shields went offline and almost immediately started taking heat damage (nowhere near a star or any stellar body).

    Nothing more frustrating than losing hours of exploration. I was interdicted and hit a bad combo on my HOTAS, trying to switch weapon groups. This game can be a nightmare, sometimes. I shouldn't lose hours of work bc some NPC interdicts me and I hit two wrong keys.

    Gah.

    submitted by /u/WookieFanboi
    [link] [comments]

    doppelganger

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 02:31 PM PST

    Station decided to a little whaling.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 07:54 PM PST

    Last thing i saw before almost getting killed by thargoid. (I didnt know what these meant because im a total newbie.)

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 10:14 AM PST

    The Worst ship in game

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 02:02 AM PST

    What is the most useless ship in your opinion?

    submitted by /u/Naughty_Neutron
    [link] [comments]

    Unholy RPM

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 01:51 AM PST

    HIP 69420 colonized! :D (Brief "lore" in the notes!)

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 01:55 PM PST

    Does this imply that there will be other places to visit i side stations?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 05:17 PM PST

    Die Space Ship !!!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 01:44 PM PST

    What is your biggest pet peeve? How would you fix it?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 12:53 PM PST

    The title says it all. For me, it is this fact:

    1. There is no Federation ship that can land on a Small pad.

    2. There is no Imperial ship that is medium-sized.

    Obviously, the fix would be to create two new ships.

    submitted by /u/paddy_bardic
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a pretty new player and decided it was time to take my first real trip outside The Bubble. I decided to take a tour of the local nebulae and kept a photo journal talking about what I saw.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 08:48 AM PST

    I'm a pretty new player and decided it was time to take my first real trip outside The Bubble. I decided to take a tour of the local nebulae and kept a photo journal talking about what I saw.

    So I've been playing the game for a bit over a month now and I love it (Still on horizons, haven't jumped on odyssey yet). Space is pretty much my favorite thing ever so being able to just endlessly explore in VR has been a dream. After grinding and burning my soul away in order to get the Imperial Courier -my personal favorite ship- it was time to properly go out and explore. Hence I present:

    "Captain Androc's Local Nebula Tour"

    https://imgur.com/gallery/LPibEAO

    The whole trip wasn't just to see those Nebulae however and there are still some interesting other things that were seen while we were at it if Nebulae aren't you thing.

    My ship build is pretty much a stock Courier with no engineering etc. yet so this was a pretty vanilla trip for the most part.

    I know its not a super crazy journey or anything but I still had a lot of fun doing it.

    My initially planned route:

    Some highlight photos for those who don't want to go through the whole gallery:

    Witch Head Nebula

    Creepy planet that The Orion Tourist Centre is located at

    Horsehead Nebula through the murk

    Messier 78

    California Nebula

    My next voyage is gonna be my first time visiting Sag A*, Colonia and eventually Beagle Point. I plan to do another image set for that so stay tuned if you want to see that, or just to see if I survive with my sanity intact.

    submitted by /u/CaptainAndroc
    [link] [comments]

    Question on AX CZs in Solo

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 10:30 AM PST

    I think I know the answer but would appreciate confirmation from more experienced AX cmdrs.

    I do AX CZs in solo to stay out of the way of better pilots. I only do scouts.

    I have gotten progressively better and just did an AX CZ in Shenve where I took out 25 scouts, and was out about 20 KM from the AX. When flying back in, there was just one interceptor left, all the NPCs and whatever goids were left had jumped out.

    My question is: if you solo an AX CZ but don't take out interceptors, does the CZ not progress beyond the first level? Does it instead just kind of peter out based on how well the NPCs do against the interceptors?

    Thanks in advance for any responses.

    o7

    submitted by /u/tommyuchicago
    [link] [comments]

    Yeah, of course this was intentional

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 04:23 AM PST

    Started the engineering grind, which led to my fist visit to Dav’s Hope!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 12:20 PM PST

    Black hole - "A Space Odyssey effect"

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 08:12 AM PST

    Buddy and I tried Thargoid hunting for the first time

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 01:47 PM PST

    What got changed about Black Box recovery.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 11:13 AM PST

    This October I returned to the game after a 10-11 month break.

    Back when I played, I enjoyed doing Black Box recvoery missions, which I used an iCourier for. I got pretty good at them, I did them Manually, and I learnt that there was 3 things that governed the difficult of the Mission.

    • Your reputation with the issueing faction (Being allied required 4 Black boxes, Friendly was 3, Cordial was 2 and Neutral 1
    • The difficulty stated in the mission - Determined the "power level" of the NPC's WHEN they arrived
    • Threat level of the signal source, determined how quickly those NPC's arrived. Threat 4 being pretty quick, Threat 0 being your probably jumping out before they get there.

    Typically in my Courier, I would be about 17%(ish) heat, and I would almost always get 1-2 boxes before the Threat 4 would arrived, grab 1 before they found me and the last would be under fire and iffy. And as I said, all of this was done Manually, no Limpits.

    Today, I went back to them, because I found them fun. Well, they are alot harder now. My Dolphin was at 11% heat, and was immediate detected by the Elite Threat 4's that arrived and then a rebuy screen, before I even got 1 box.

    Hmm, maybe I'm more rusty than I thought.....

    Attempt 2, deactivate shield and GFSD booster for more stealth, still only got to 11% heat, only now that I'm sans shield, I die quicker, did get on target for the 1st BB, but it just failed to scoop and bounced.

    Attempt 3, okay time for Silent Running, never needed it before, but lets give it a go. Lined up for the Black Box, hear them drop in, engage Silent Running straight away, Black box fails to scoop, go for another try, (Still at 11% heat, in silent running) 2nd attempt failed (How small is this scoop?? Yes I'm targetting it, before someone says it's this) and now I'm under fire, WTF??? Scoop retracted, boost (19% heat, still running silent) dead, again. 3 rebuys in 30 minutes.

    So, what changed in the last 10-11 months to make BB recoveries so damn hard?

    submitted by /u/Shockwave_IIC
    [link] [comments]

    And I didn't even have to go all the way to Hutton...

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 02:24 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment