• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 27, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gotta love the Nitrogen atmospheres.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 03:20 AM PST

    Returning from my first thargoid interaction having no idea what caustic clouds were and learning basic mechanics the hard way.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 03:18 PM PST

    Are humans worse then thargoids?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 04:55 AM PST

    In the wake of the thargoids aggregation i answered the call, fitted my anaconda with the bast gear and went out to defend humanity. Usually i play solo but today I've decided that maybe i will meet fellow commanders and we can fight together. I didn't expected that in the middle of the fight a traitor commander will destroy my ship. Guess it's back to solo. To bad...

    submitted by /u/danielno2no1
    [link] [comments]

    Why in elite dangerous the galaxy doesn't appear like that from space? Instead only a few star dots can be seen.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 12:31 AM PST

    Say me something please

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 05:00 AM PST

    I'm italian so forgive my English. In the last month I did a 5000 ly travel, I collected data for every system and I mapped terraformables planets. One week ago I decided to go back home,and yesterday I was like 400 ly from it.Today I found a very beautiful system and I wanted to take some screenshot with the view of a Blue Star from the nearest planet. During the landing I activated the boost accidentally and I crashed. Tell me something for make me forget all datas I lost please.

    submitted by /u/Worried-Mortgage-457
    [link] [comments]

    I used voice attack for the first time and I’ll never go back!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 02:17 AM PST

    I am a VR player with roughly 1000h in game.

    I found voice attack on offer on steam yesterday, so I decided to give it a try…

    I tried first with a free voice pack and for some reason it didn't work very well and I almost gave up. Then I went for a paid one and boy…so much fun I had.

    I looked like a kid with its toy on Christmas Day.

    First of all, convenience. Yes, you need to fiddle with the key bindings at the beginning, but afterwards is soooo good.

    For example…requesting docking, PIP control, clearing the area for jump, plotting a route to the engineers, or opening and closing the galaxy map, sooo much easier that I doubt I'll never go back (at least when I am playing by myself, as in a wing might be a bit embarrassing 😂)

    What I want to say is: have a go at it, especially if you play in VR. The gain in immersion is worth the small price.

    Fly dangerously cmdrs O7

    submitted by /u/plutonium-239
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got a Cutter, (with Midnight Black slapped on too).

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 09:42 AM PST

    Laughing sound when scooping fuel.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 08:57 AM PST

    so, I've been exploring for a while now and I realized that whenever I scoop fuel(or rather get close enough to the star where it starts scooping), I hear something like children laughing.
    I want to know if anyone else is experiencing this, or if it's just a classic case of space madness.

    submitted by /u/EnderTheError
    [link] [comments]

    Took a high paying courier mission, and now I understand why. Had to jump into system and then supercruise forever. Even at top speed it's still taking me 30+ minutes. Ah well, I have reddit to keep me company!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 07:36 AM PST

    Why is Elite so slow to introduce new ships?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 02:46 AM PST

    Just looking for a general discussion on why other Cmdrs think FDev is slow to introduce new ships.

    I feel it could be four possible reasons:

    1. David Braben has a tight lock on what to introduce and is still too tied to a classical version of the Elite games to consider expanding viewing it as near perfect, and the ships that have been introduced was a compromise. (Extreme view)
    2. They are currently expanding the current ships for potential future updates such as limited interiors or damage models which is taking time away from implementing new ships. (hopefull view)
    3. The original design and coding team is near decimated and their current team lack historical experience and are finding it difficult to build assets and systems for moving assets such as ships and SRVs. Hence why most of the new content is largely static (Settlements, Fleet Carriers, Megaship interiors).
    4. They're cost to develop vs immediate gains isn't currently worth the expense.
    submitted by /u/astrocriminal
    [link] [comments]

    Look what I just picked up! What to do now though..

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 01:05 AM PST

    Why are there so many fleet carriers in Maia?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 08:15 AM PST

    Why play the game in open?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 04:09 AM PST

    A honest question. I don't want to claim open is cancer like I've heard people do, but I never meet anyone. In the last five months playing on and off, I've met one single player, and he just blew me up (with an empty cargo, mind you) without exchanging a single word.

    So... why ever should one play in Open? I can guess that people with a lot of friends online can do wing stuff together, but for someone like me who has no friends playing the game, what's the point? Players have no effect on the world beyond being able to crash the market of one station or another, so rather than a mmo this feels more like a single player game that just has multiple players at the same time.

    I still play in open a lot, since as I said there is basically no difference to solo playing in my experience, but I'm starting to think the chance to meet other players is not worth the risk of meeting some random asshole who's too trigger happy.

    submitted by /u/Unslaadahsil
    [link] [comments]

    Down to earth astronomy discovers hidden EVA mechanic in Odyssey. I would pay for this to be in the game normally.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 06:12 AM PST

    Whoever made this playlist, just wanted to say thank you! If you like the ED soundtrack but wish there was MORE this is for you

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 10:19 AM PST

    Nice Detail, glasses start rattling in the cabinet in the Lab when a ship lands at Settlement

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 02:43 PM PST

    I'll just call you Alex

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 10:17 AM PST

    How can I contact Frontier support?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 09:11 AM PST

    I was a Kickstarter backer; before development completed I moved to another country. I only now got a computer that actually has the system requirements to play Elite, so I logged into my Frontier Store account happy to finally get the chance. What I see are some kickstarter rewards, the original Elite from 1984, and I could download the Beta 2 if I wanted to.

    But no final version of Elite.

    I looked through the support pages, but obviously this isn't a frequently asked question. And I can't find anything to actually contact a person and talk about this.

    I also tried looking through my emails to see if there's any useful info, but with all the ED newsletters I'd have to go through some 300 emails manually to find the right one, assuming it's there at all.

    So help me out. How do I actually get my game, or how can I talk to someone who can solve this for me?

    submitted by /u/anonlymouse
    [link] [comments]

    Does elite dangerous have an API?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 06:16 AM PST

    I want to create an application to track my character when I go exploring so I don't have to do all of that stuff manually, so I was wondering if there was an api I could use?

    submitted by /u/HaroerHaktak
    [link] [comments]

    I've had two missions send me to unfindable data ports now... what's up with that?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 09:47 AM PST

    Anyone else having this? I was sent to a settlement to get some data, was told I may need maverick/power thingy/ebreaches. Went through and got everything running then went to a terminal and could not, for the life of me, find "Habitat Data Port 2"

    I found 1, nothing was on it. Searched the hab high and low, there was only one. Nothing.

    The blue mission marker was on a random crate outside (round the back of hab) with some stuff in it. No idea why considering it's sending me to a data port for data. I picked up the stuff anyway, no movement on the mission.

    Here's the picture I took before leaving but that's the second one tonight.

    submitted by /u/latteisnotcoffee
    [link] [comments]

    I put a smile on the sad engineer's face.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 12:16 PM PST

    Drinking some Blue Galaxy tea out of my Hutton Orbital mug.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 02:19 AM PST

    I love to lead myself into my own demise.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 01:41 AM PST

    Trying to stealth solo a high security military installation. This guard kept following me and foiling my attempts to steal a profile. I'm trying to decide if I should start shooting now. Gratuitous view of my Manticore Intimidator.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 09:43 PM PST

    as a continuation of my previous post, you can hear the "laugh" at 0:05

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 10:32 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment