• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 30, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I know that there's probably no one who really cares, but I'm fairly new to this game and just landed on a planet for the first time!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 02:29 AM PST

    My pride and joy, my elite NPC

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 11:32 AM PST

    Finally made it to Elite! Treated myself to an Anaconda courtesy of my cutter :D

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:08 PM PST

    My subjective but hopefully fairly accurate ship tier list. What are your thoughts?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 06:03 AM PST

    Multi-cannons doing their thing

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:56 AM PST

    I got a little toasted

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 07:17 AM PST

    I’ll never pass up a mission to go to Epsilon Indi for this reason.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 01:34 PM PST

    Star Citizen's free fly event made me appreciate Elite: Dangerous and the Odyssey expansion more

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:21 AM PST

    Star Citizen has been running a free fly event recently. I decided to give it a try and while the scope was amazing (ship interiors 😁), it simply doesn't work well. I know it is an alpha so bugs are expected, but it made me realize we take some stuff in Elite for granted.

    Elite's map is actually useful. If you know the name of the thing you want to go to you can search for it and it works. If you click on a location, you can plot a route to it. And I didn't realize until I didn't have it, but having a list of all the locations in your immediate vicinity, whether it's on the map itself, or on your left panel in the cockpit, is so useful. Same with the contacts tab - I am glad Frontier didn't spam our display with markers for every little thing out there.

    People complain a lot about the interface being the same for all the ships, but at least it's well thought out. You can't turn off your ship while trying to press the comms button to ask for a landing pad. No matter what ship you're in, you don't have to learn where everything is again every single time. Every ship lets you see everything around you. Even if you're new to the game, most things are pretty clearly labeled, and the tutorials are pretty good.

    And the last thing is Odyssey specific: for all its bugs, I can say that I have never tripped coming off a ramp and died, resulting in an hour worth of progress lost, or had the game crash to desktop for trying to equip a different spacesuit.

    TLDR; playing Star Citizen made me realize that for all it's flaws, Elite for me is a better and more stable experience

    submitted by /u/Ryebread095
    [link] [comments]

    Saw this screen grab in Discord, looks like details on the Universal Limpet Controller

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 10:06 AM PST

    Yes... This was taken in game, one of the finer screenshots I have!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 01:48 AM PST

    hmmm yellow, never saw this before

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:56 AM PST

    Started a little over a week ago, was not prepared for the scale of the Krait compared to the viper I had

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 06:36 AM PST

    The Type-10's deadliest hardpoint: its hull.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 01:28 PM PST

    Gawd, this just gets the juices flowing!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:28 PM PST

    Out in the black ...

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 07:18 AM PST

    Stygian Blue livery looks bloody good on Courier! Pics taken in Odyssey.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 01:33 PM PST

    When we say "Deep space mining op." We mean - 'Deep space mining op.'

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 02:15 PM PST

    Is VR worth it for Elite Dangerous?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:38 PM PST

    Like the title says, is vr worth it for ED, if so what one would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/CMDR-Storm
    [link] [comments]

    Is this really the peak, or are we just halfway there? (HIP 58832 P2)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 01:17 AM PST

    I may have shit my pants a little

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:44 AM PST

    The new yeezy's are the top 1% of all cruise liners

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 04:25 PM PST

    Planning the greatest and first-ever exploration adventure into the black. I would love your help to make it truly epic.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 01:45 PM PST

    I don't care how long it takes me to do it, but I want to chronicle my journey through writing, and for that, I need things to write about and not just how I feel mindlessly jumping until I get to Colonia or something.

    I want a true space odyssey.

    Since I am relatively new I haven't ventured far from the bubble, but I am willing to go anywhere as long as the journey gives me:

    -planets to visit

    -planets to land on that are interesting to explore for any reason

    - cool space things like black holes and nebulas and such.

    - something that may give me the feel of uncharted space (for example high above the galactic plane?)

    - absolute must-see's ( voyager? Thargoid space?)

    - A truly climactic final destination, a culmination of my exploration as a fitting end to my epic journey.

    I have a fully outfitted and, somewhat engineered Phantom, so stuff that is doable with that ship

    I'll take any systems planets or other, but I would like a description as to why. Then I will plan the most sensible route between them.

    submitted by /u/20mgAddy
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally boosted 14k ly from my home system, 4.5k ly from the nearest station. David has blessed me today. Time to make B-line it to the nearest station... Wish me luck.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 02:44 AM PST

    Have to admit, I feel the same

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:19 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment