• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 12, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    @EliteDangerous: "Greetings CMDRs. We will be releasing fixes to resolve high priority issues reported with the latest updates on Monday 13 December."

    Posted: 10 Dec 2021 09:13 AM PST

    First game ever.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 09:05 PM PST

    Bought this on the last steam sale. Got Odyssey. Go through the tutorials, the training get my ship. Goin good.

    Get my first mission. Don't really understand or read it. Smuggle whatever to some place. Get there, land, get scanned right off the bat. No idea why they are hostile, I run. I die. End up on a prison ship somewhere waaaay far away from the starting systems. 26 jumps to be exact. I am in the sidewinder with basic load out. Only extra is… a fuel scoop I got because I figured… why not.

    Saved. My. Fucking. Ass.

    26 Jumps later I get back to the actual starting system. LHS3447.

    I check the star charts thingy. 389,000 credits worth of scans.

    Not a lot. I know. You guys makes millions. But good lord that was awesome making it back, plotting the courses, scooping and then getting some actual payment for it. Was able to get my cobra because of it.

    Instantly hooked.

    submitted by /u/ssddTorment
    [link] [comments]

    Here’s something you don’t see every day…

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 04:34 AM PST

    Speed of ships

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 05:26 PM PST

    Have any of you folks ever stopped and wondered how fast our favorite ships can go whether its from ED or some other franchise?

    Well look no farther, lol, I had some down time to calculate how fast these popular ships can go using the Andromeda galaxy as the destination from our galaxy.

    An Earthforce ship in Babylon 5 goes about 0.22 ly/day. Which means it would take 31,133.2 years.

    A UNSC ship from Halo goes at most 3ly/day taking it 2,283.1 years.

    The USS Voyager from Star Trek going warp 9.97 (which is 12ly/day) would take 570.7 years if the speed can be maintained.

    From the Mass Effect universe the SSV Normandy SR-2 can go 15ly/day and taking 456.6 years.

    The Enterprise-E can go 58.79ly/day (at warp 9.995) and it would arrive in 116.5 years.

    The fastest Covenant ship can go 1,369ly/day and it will be in Andromeda in 5 years.

    Those of you who are fans of Battlestar Galactica should know that it can go 4599.6ly/day and will take 1 year, 3 weeks, and 2 days.

    In case you're interested the Empire's Victory star destroyer can use its class 1 hyperdrive and go 6256.12ly/day, and be at its destination in 1 year, 1 month, and 2 days.

    In Elite Dangerous I am using an ASPX my jump range is 63.9ly. However, my range is 21,666ly/day. She would make it there in 3 months and 3 weeks.

    Everyone's favorite, the millennium Falcon can use its class 0.5 hyperdrive and go 25,000ly/day and reach Andromeda in 3 months and 1 week.

    My personal favorite, the Odyssey from Stargate can travel 160,000 light-years in 1 day. So it would make it in 2 weeks.

    Well, there you have it. I hope you all enjoyed this because I enjoyed doing it. Cheers CMDR o7

    submitted by /u/CMDR-Storm
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous's starport is an homage to the default starport in Elite (1984)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 08:57 AM PST

    As I watched, I began to see other stars as they swirled around my head: SKAUDE AA-A H294

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 01:25 PM PST

    Found a ringed ELW in a binary system with gas giant.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 07:20 PM PST

    After 6 years & thousands of hours I finally found my exploration grail- ELW orbiting a gas giant

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 03:22 PM PST

    The Empire is so perfect the imperials can't even spell their emperor's name correctly on a beacon

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 02:28 PM PST

    Amazing ringed planet in a Blue/White system

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 08:33 PM PST

    Finally made it to the core

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 01:21 PM PST

    A sight well worth the trip

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 01:59 PM PST

    So this is what four weeks of AX looks like.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 08:23 PM PST

    So this is the first attempt my wife made at making me a Hutton knock off mug. Need to get new vinyl as the stuff she has didn't stick right. Made the trip last night to say I finally did it. Felt like I had to earn the mug.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 08:31 PM PST

    Found an uncharted neutron star between Colonia and the Core that had five undiscovered water worlds around it!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 07:45 AM PST

    Notoriety 10 Starter Pack (I apologize in advance to all the settlement security for what is about to happen)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 02:16 PM PST

    Stygian

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 09:55 AM PST

    Finally experienced a asteroid station starting my trip to Colonia. Mammon system.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 09:38 PM PST

    Scraps Of Gravitas makes her debut.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 01:00 AM PST

    Biologicals would be 10x more fun if they removed the tedious/frustrating parts of it

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 12:57 AM PST

    Biologicals is nothing amazing, but it does offer a new level of immersion for the player in terms of exploring a planet. Now I've had a decent time with it so far. But the thing is way too tedious. Such a shame.

    1. The heat map ins inaccurate. it will give you this big blue area where a biological is supposed to spawn. Then you can't find it
    2. 500m between samples is way too much. There's not enough samples on the planet for this to be ok. The amount of times I've had samples 200 or 300m away from each other, but be too close...but then the only sample that is at least 500m is one that is 1000m away is way too much. Requiring me to go over such large distances means that I'm more likely to just use my ship to look for samples rather than get on the ground in an SRV and drive around. Like to me, the biological loop should be land on planet > get in SRV > search for samples. But right now they're soo far apart that Most of the time its Go to planet > fly around within render distance of the surface.
    3. It shouldn't require 3. Why 3? 2 is fine. It gets the point across that you want us to do some exploration.
    4. Can't see heat map from the ground. This one is pretty frustrating. The heat map doesn't appear on the ground. So if I want to figure out where to go next, I need to fly back up in orbit.
    5. Can't do multiple samples at once. This is the next part that is kind of frustrating. Find one sample, take it. Drive around for 1000m looking for the next one. Meanwhile you passed 8 different other samples for different plants.

    I mean right now with the heat map and in general time it takes to do anything with biologicals...it becomes not worth it. Spending 30 minutes trying to do 2 bio samples for 350k is just bonkers. Especially since the gameplay of staring at the ground looking for small pixels or just looking at a barren wasteland as you drive around like a maniac in an SRV isn't exactly super engaging/fun. And I'm not saying introduce a mini game again. That will just make it worse. Like I found a planet with 7 biological samples. I've spent the past 1.5 hours trying to do all 7. First 3 were fine. 2 of them were bugged and couldn't be gathered. 1 of them the samples were about 750 m away from one another. The final I can't find. I've spent 30 mins at least on this one sample looking for it. Going to all along the surface in the "heat map" areas, can't find it anywhere.

    I can't wait to see fully filled out planets. I understand biological samples were designed this way to get people to "explore" a planets surface. But the squeeze aint worth the juice and the gameplay isn't engaging enough to warrant it. For me the "fun" part is finding the sample for the first time and see what kind it is. Driving around looking for that same sample is not.

    submitted by /u/PalwaJoko
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting Canyon formations on Much B 2

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 08:36 PM PST

    Understanding the Information within a system name. (Explorers, this is for you) MS Paint edition.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2021 08:00 PM PST

    Binary star systems are pretty things

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 06:59 PM PST

    Some of the landscapes in this game are insane

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 07:36 AM PST

    Last images taken before disaster.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 02:27 AM PST

    What personal rules / codes of conduct do you have?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 11:31 AM PST

    For me, I always 100% scan any system I find with undiscovered Earthlikes. This includes discovering all flora on planet surfaces too. It can be time consuming, but I guess it earns me a bit more cash along the way. I don't know why I do this, maybe I hope that one day a station might be built there.

    How about you?

    submitted by /u/chulk607
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment