• Breaking News

    Monday, December 13, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My Elite Dangerous experience for last 6 months [Elite Dangerous comic]

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 09:56 AM PST

    Stuck in Orbit just me and my suit...... HELP

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 01:46 PM PST

    The Imperial Courier has GOT to win the ship beauty contests

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 06:15 PM PST

    I found a stowaway on my ship. He got air locked.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 06:15 AM PST

    I think its safe to say I pooped pant

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 04:32 PM PST

    Heading for that free Anaconda

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 02:56 PM PST

    Server down right now ?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 09:13 AM PST

    Just fought for the first time with my T-10 turret and.... omg what a beast

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 09:11 PM PST

    I was buying my first late game ship and really wanted a corvette, but didnt have the rep, so I decided to go for the T-10, just for the meme of the Tank turret Engaged in a 8x1 situation and... oh my god what a beast I just keep my shields on and doged missles while running around and she killed all 8. Honestly I didn't expect to be that good, took 2 shields and about 60% of my hull but I fell I could fight for much longer. I'm honestly in love with this ship, worth it every second mining platinum

    submitted by /u/TsunamiDayne
    [link] [comments]

    I caught the Zoomies! Warning VERY LOUD!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 05:54 PM PST

    My trusted little Sidewinder.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2021 12:11 AM PST

    The icy body that kept me going...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 09:44 AM PST

    To hell with space legs, I just want a good pair of hands to remove the stubborn panel that simply wouldn't fall off to reveal the mission critical piece of junk behind it...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 11:20 AM PST

    3D Printed Python 2

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 03:52 PM PST

    I feel small

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 03:20 PM PST

    Would you challenge this wing???

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 04:52 AM PST

    I can always leave this game for weeks or months and come back to find myself amazed by how well the game looks.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 01:23 PM PST

    To FDev, I'm a simple CMDR and i'll make myself very clear: I want something like from second image to be included in upcoming engineering changes or this man from Starship One gets it. Sincerely, not CMDR A77.Blackfrost.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2021 12:53 AM PST

    Ready, Set, Mine!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 11:05 AM PST

    I know its not that far but its the furthest I've ever been from the bubble. That view is amazing

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 04:33 PM PST

    The explorer T6 can jump nearly 60 lightyears

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 08:08 AM PST

    Does anyone else find the ambiance, sounds, and music of stations super relaxing? Could hangout listening and watching ships for hours.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 06:20 AM PST

    Always something to see

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 10:38 PM PST

    And that's how it goes...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 09:29 AM PST

    So, here's the story for all you fine folks who explore. I was out in the black, past the centre, just meandering my way towards a random waypoint I'd set. It was over 300 jumps, and each one I fully FSSed the system, and DSSed all the worthwhile things in this planet. Over about 3 weeks, I followed this policy. Checked everything out I thought was worth it, scanned all the stuff worth scanning, but it was just...boring. the same thing, over and over, no real difference, and nothing I hadn't seen in the bubble. I slowed down, jumped less and less each day, didn't bother to DSS or FSS certain systems, and just lost interest overall.

    Then, one day, hopped into a random system near the bottom of the galactic plane. Nothing special, nothing fancy. Beautiful star, K class, and about 30 bodies. I wasn't impressed, but I decided "fuck it, I'm too tired for this. Let's just check out a planet." Went towards one with a couple of geo signals (water magma) and a moon. Wasn't expecting anything worth my time, other than breaking up the trip for a while.

    Then I got there. Short trip, but the closer I got, the more interesting it looked. It was an Icy Body, with those weird coloured ridges you see along most of those planets. But while they usually blend in to the planet, these ones started to stand out more and more as I went. Entering the planets atmosphere, I realised, these weren't colourful ridges. These were ridges so deep they melded into the planets colour scheme. Touched down, and went to go look at a geo site. I was sitting right next to it, about 1km to my left... and about 11km down. The ridges were close to the ones of Pomeche 2C, the old one. It was a godsend. Then, out of all the odds, while taking some screenshots of flying out of the canyon using a water geyser, I saw the moon. It was either way closer than I thought, or way bigger than the map said. It was massive, and beautiful. Framed by the stars and the galactic plane in the background, it was like watching star wars all over again, because that was definitely no ordinary moon. It was big, beautiful and awesome. And I was the first person to see this, up close. And, with the balance of probability, most likely the last. And that's how it goes. You might get lucky, and find something kinda cool from time to time. Other times it's days or weeks of nothingness, 9r seeing so much of one thing it loses its specialness. Then you find that one thing that sucks you back in, that makes you want to explore the galaxy for the rest of your life, to see these sights, to be the one and only person to see them. Why?

    Because that's just how it goes.

    submitted by /u/BoredomIsMeaningless
    [link] [comments]

    Frameshift drive now complete on my Corvette. Laser etching came out awesome.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 10:15 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment