• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 15, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Update 9.01: Stability Fixes for both Odyssey & Horizons + Known issues

    Posted: 13 Dec 2021 08:25 AM PST

    Strange New World ...

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 01:36 PM PST

    It has been 3 years since any new ship was released in Elite...

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 11:37 PM PST

    Mamba was released on Dec 11, 2018. This just saddens me. What a disappointment.

    submitted by /u/lannisterstark
    [link] [comments]

    It is worthwhile to get out of the bubble

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 09:08 PM PST

    The real reason why we pick the Krait MKII insted of the Phantom (Maybe even the Python!)

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 03:18 AM PST

    One Jumpy Boy/ 322LY Supercharged

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 07:16 PM PST

    Hmmmmmm

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 06:01 PM PST

    No docking my a$$

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 02:42 PM PST

    Did I just find undiscovered systems?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 01:15 AM PST

    So, doing my usual cabbie about aimlessly, I entered a system I'd not been to before.

    1.Scan with D-Scanner, (says however many planets there are)

    2.Check System Map (shows no planets at all)

    3.Use the FSS to find the planets

    4.Check System Map again to see all the planets

    I don't have any surface scanners or anything, only others I have are a Wake & Data Scanner. If I stick the cursor over the planets there's no name, no 'discovered by...' or anything.

    Does that mean I'm the first? Do I need a Surface Scanner too or can I hand the data in as it is? First time I've ever seen systems & planets without a name next to them!

    submitted by /u/WoodenStickPilot
    [link] [comments]

    Continuing exobiology with a broken genetic sampler. Back to the basics.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 10:05 AM PST

    FSD offline. O7 commanders, it's been fun.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 10:18 PM PST

    What is your favorite Atmosphere type? Mine is tied between Methane and Ammonia atmospheres, due to the color, with Argon and Helium worlds tied for second.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 03:10 AM PST

    New player here. Finally got a DBX, and im excited to see what the galaxy has to offer for me. Any reccomendations for places to visit?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 09:25 AM PST

    Found this fleet carrier in the Qarato system...

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 12:55 PM PST

    Latest images of Sagittarius A* (I don't like posting YT links but this is bloody good)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 03:17 AM PST

    Off center cockpits

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 12:52 AM PST

    Am I wrong for not wanting to fly any ship with an off center cockpit? I just can't stand it but at the same time I'd love to fly the FDL but the off center seating is just so annoying visually that any ship that has an off center seat I completely ignore.

    submitted by /u/MastrMax
    [link] [comments]

    My wish for ship-launched fighters.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 05:33 PM PST

    I really want fdev to let us land ship-launched fighters on planet surfaces and be able to get out on foot. Being able to enter atmo, launch in a fighter, send your mothership back into orbit and use your zippy fighter to find alien life, or raid a settlement for a mission, chef's kiss Then recall your mothership, jump in your fighter, and make a quick docking sequence and jump away.

    submitted by /u/FOXHOWND
    [link] [comments]

    What in the everloving hell happened to my ship?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 04:38 AM PST

    Anybody else want a Gutamaya SRV?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 10:43 AM PST

    I'm tired of driving around in this thing designed by some idiot that only had a ruler. 😏

    submitted by /u/Bonny_bouche
    [link] [comments]

    VR or not VR?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 02:31 AM PST

    How cant the devs implemented in launcher settings? When I want to play in VR I obviously set the screen resolution as minimal as I can because its pointless to render another HD image after 2 screens for VR. But when I wanna play without VR everytime I need to reset everything.

    How hard is it to put every settings in the launcher and you can maybe, I say maybe set up 2 different settings to choose from. I know they stated there is no more VR support but this thing my commanders should be in the game.

    submitted by /u/Farkasv
    [link] [comments]

    Got ELITE in Exploration today! Here's a few amazing sights from my many trips -before im done editing the video!- :D

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 09:52 AM PST

    What do I do now?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 04:39 AM PST

    I paid my first visit to Felicity today and dropped off her meta-alloy (in an unshielded Asp, my first ever planetary landing, without a rebuy - I was bricking it) so how do I get her ingredients, the wake echoes and suchlike? Is it best to go to a trader or try and scan them myself?

    submitted by /u/thatonevedalken
    [link] [comments]

    I created a tool to estimate real supercruise travel time

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 01:40 PM PST

    Greetings CMDRs,

    Like many of you, I spend countless hours in Supercruise almost every day. Whether it's another pilgrimage to Hutton Orbital, space trucking commodities or trying to get a brilliant view from a far-away planet, one thing always annoyed me about Supercruise: That useless timer.

    So, I set out to collect data, plot points and find a function of best fit for the real travel time from a star to a destination in the same system. Do I have enough time to fry up some eggs on that 2 million lightsecond cruise? Now I know.

    Introducing www.edtraveltime.com! Find out how long you have to cruise before getting to those views!

    Notes:

    - Right now, the calculator assumes that you keep your throttle in the middle of the blue zone at all times. I plan on collecting more data on different throttle setttings and adding a throttle slider to the calculator

    - Very small distances will not give accurate results. 200ls is where relatively accurate results start.

    - The times are an estimate and not 100% accurate. Below 200,000 ls, you can expect deviations of under a minute. As you approach targets in the millions, you might get a minute or a few minutes of discrepancy. The model will become more accurate as I collect more data and fine-tune the math.

    That said, I hope you find this useful and I appreciate any feedback.

    CMDR Gowner signing off.

    submitted by /u/gowner_graphics
    [link] [comments]

    Imperial Courier (3 images) - Coolest looking ship in the game? Change my mind....

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 04:09 AM PST

    Imperial Cutter is now available at discount locations.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 05:08 AM PST

    Red skies hit differently

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 01:33 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment